Announcements and Important Events
2021 Bishop Feehan Spring Sports Webinar
FEEHAN ATHLETICS STAFF
508-226-6223 Ext. 104 email@example.com
Assistant Athletic Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Athletic Administrative Assistant
508-226-6223 Ext. 130 email@example.com
Strength & Conditioning Coach
Bishop Feehan Athletics Goals Provide athletes with the opportunity to:
1.Set goals and strive to achieve them
2.Learn time management with regard to academics and athletics
3.Fight through adversity
4.Become better athletes and better people
Things to Remember
• We are privileged to be playing sports this year.
• The focus of this year is our STUDENT ATHLETES • Their physical, emotion & social well being
• Administrators, Coaches, and game officials have been working hard and are trying their best to help your sons and daughters have the chance to play the sport they love.
• Covid-19 modifications to sports may not look or feel normal. • Policies/protocols will be posted on GoShamrocks.net
Please keep these factors in mind during this season.
1.Athlete speaks to Coach directly to resolve the issue. 2.If issue is not resolved – Player AND parent(s) speak to coach. 3.If there is no resolution – Player, Parent, and Coach meet with athletic director.
4.If still no resolution – Player, Parent, Coach and AD meet with Principal.
(If there is a safety or health concern please notify the appropriate school officials as soon as possible and disregard the above policy.)
Purpose of the policy:
-encourage students to be self advocates.
-Encourage dialogue between player and coach.
-Meeting with all the stakeholders avoids “he said she said” scenarios
2021 Typical Athletic Day
• Locker room- Posted 50% capacity, masks at all times, 6ft social distancing, sanitization of each space
• Athletes coming from home will not be allowed in the locker room and should show up ready to play
• Practice- QR code practice check in, mask/gaiter at all times, modified rules, individual water bottles, QR code check in for Athletic Trainer
• Post practice- mask/gaiter at all times, leave campus immediately (no re entry to building/locker room)
● A bus will be provided to every away game.
○ Parents will be able to drive their own children.*
○ Students will be able to drive themselves.*
○ Parents may drive others’ children and students may drive other students as long as the proper paperwork and MA laws are
○ 48 hour notice given to Coach (communication will be KEY) • *Paperwork and policies will be included in an email tomorrow morning.
● Buses Rules (DESE)
○ Masks must be worn at all times (DESE)
○ Windows will be kept down (DESE)
○ Students will have assigned seats (DESE)
○ Students will sit and face forward (DESE)
Students need a valid sports physical form, must be registered on FamilyID and must have an ImPact Test.
*STUDENTS MUST ALSO FILL OUT THE SPRING ATHLETICS GOOGLE FORM*
Preseason for Spring 2021-April 1st-April 25th (MIAA Suspended Rule 40 until 7/3/21)
1. Coaches must adhere to the recommendations of the MIAA, DESE, and EEA. Please note that these will be fluid and can change.
1. Failure to adhere to the recommendations may result in loss of preseason practices. 2. Spring teams may practice TWO times per week for a total of TWO hours per practice. (April break)
3. Athletes ARE NOT required to attend off/preseason practices. Coaches MUST take attendance at practices using QR codes.
4. Teams that are in season will be given preferential times and locations for practices.
5. Athletes may not miss any regular season team activity for a team activity of an off/preseason team. The bona fide team member rule is still in place.
1. FALL II athletes MUST coordinate with both their FALL II coach and their spring coach concerning spring preseason practices.
2. Athletes may not leave a FALL II practice or game to participate in any spring preseason activity. 3. If an athlete quits their FALL II team, they will not be allowed to participate in the spring preseason, they must wait until the official start of the spring season.
6. The Athletic Director must be notified of when and where sessions are taking place for a particular sport. A calendar will be provided to ensure compliance.
• Unique Season-
• Spring 2020 canceled
• No chance to evaluate current sophomores, juniors, seniors (2021 Preseason) • Covid-19 game day roster limits
• Baseball/softball: 20
• B/G Lacrosse:45
❖ Seniors (that have already been in the program) will NOT be cut in Spring 2021. *Playing time/Game roster is not guaranteed*
❖ Juniors that make the team are not guaranteed a spot in Spring 2022. *Coaches will speak to juniors who may not make the team in Spring 2022* ❖ Compliance with COVID-19 roster limits may mean that certain team members may not dress or travel for certain games.
June 11th-June 15th
MIAA STATE TOURNAMENT-
*Full Opt-In/Out tournament- Feehan will opt-in to the state tournament June 18th-July 1st
Schedules are posted.
Protocols will be released ASAP.
Tryout dates for all spring sports on April 26th-28th.
Things to Remember
• Participation in athletics is not a right, but a privilege. • Feehan athletes are expected to attend ALL practices and games. • Athletes are subject to all MIAA, School and Team rules.
THANK YOU & Go Shamrocks!!